Mechanicsburg PA Oral Surgeon Michael J Hartman, DMD, MD
Born and raised in Central Pennsylvania, Dr. Michael Hartman graduated from Elizabethtown College with a BS in Biology. He continued his education at Temple University School of Dentistry, earning his DMD in 2002. Dr. Hartman then completed a six-year dual degree oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center, earning his MD in 2005 and completing his residency in 2008. His education and training at UMMC involved dental extractions, maxillofacial oncology, major cranio-maxillofacial trauma at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, microvascular reconstructive surgery, orthognathic surgery and the extraction of third molars (wisdom teeth).
Dr. Hartman returned to Central Pennsylvania in 2008 where he worked in private practice in Camp Hill for seven years. In 2016, Dr. Hartman opened his solo practice in Mechanicsburg. His practice primarily focuses on dental extractions, third molar (wisdom teeth) extractions, dental implants and evaluation and treatment of oral lesions.
Dr. Hartman and his wife, Heidi, reside in Lewisberry with their four boys, Jacob, Samuel, John and Noah. In his free time, he enjoys being involved with the boys’ various activities, spending time outdoors, gardening and reading.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Central Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Mid-Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Harrisburg Area Dental Society
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society