Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Hartman Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hartman or Dr. Sibley prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Are You in Need of Exceptional Oral Surgery?
Drs. Hartman and Sibley can perform several oral surgery procedures including dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, bone grafting, and more. Contact us today!